Islands Pediatric Dentistry utilizes the latest dental technologies in Gilbert, which includes:
- Nomad Hand-Held Digital X-Ray
- State-of-the-Art Sterilization
- Advanced Dental Software
- iTero Digital Scanner
- Picasso White Diode Laser
- Composite White Fillings
- White Zirconia Crowns
Advanced Dental Technology in Gilbert, AZ
- Nomad Hand-Held Digital X-Rays: To achieve the highest quality imaging with the least amount of radiation exposure, we use digital radiography in Gilbert, AZ. Compared to traditional x-rays, digital imaging reduces radiation exposure up to 80 percent.
- State-of-the-Art Sterilization: Our advanced sterilization equipment ensures thorough cleaning of all instruments used in our Gilbert, AZ dental office. Dr. Rez recognizes the need for infection control throughout our practice. Therefore, we use diverse disinfecting tools such as instrument washers, sterilizers, and sterilization centers. For the protection of our patients and staff, proper sterilization is crucial.
- Advanced Dental Software: At Islands Pediatric Dentistry we use only the latest advanced dental software with the best diagnostic capabilities to view our patient’s digital x-rays. This advanced technology combined with digital radiography allows for hi-res imaging, increased accuracy and early diagnosis of tooth decay, dental caries, and other oral health conditions.
- iTero Digital Scanner: No more uncomfortable molds or mouth impressions! The iTero Digital Scanner allows Dr. Rez to take digital impressions of your mouth.
- Picasso White Diode Laser: For painless soft-tissue grafts, we use safe & effective diode lasers to help with lip tie and tongue tie treatment in addition to gum contouring.
- Composite White Fillings: Dr. Rez uses mercury-free tooth-colored composite resin fillings in Gilbert to repair and restore children’s teeth. Composite white fillings provide strength, durability, and fracture-resistance to weakened teeth. Although there is no clear evidence that silver amalgam fillings containing mercury are a potential health threat, we choose to keep kid’s mouth mercury-free. In addition, the composite resin material is more aesthetically pleasing and allows for better chemical adhesion with less tooth preparation.
- White Zirconia Crowns: These tooth-colored crowns are more cosmetically appealing compared to traditional stainless steel crowns, while offering the same strength and protection.