What is Icon?
Icon is a cutting-edge dental resin infiltration system. Using Icon, our pediatric dentists are able to treat both early-stage cavities (caries), without the need for cavity drilling, as well as treat undesirable white spots on teeth.
How can resin infiltration treat dental cavities?
When tooth enamel is attacked by cariogenic acids, teeth become porous. With resin infiltration, teeth can be sealed so that acids can no longer penetrate the surface. This effectively stops the progression of dental cavities at an early stage. As a result, the healthy tooth structure is preserved, without the need for drilling.
How can resin infiltration help remove white spots on teeth?
White spots on teeth are quite common, particularly for patients who undergo orthodontic treatment. When discoloration appears, resin infiltration with Icon can be an effective treatment for removing white spots on teeth. Dental resin infiltration is a gentle method for counteracting white spots, which works by filling in the spots where the tooth has become porous and discolored with the existing, healthy enamel of the tooth. This innovative method is often used in the treatment of front teeth, where aesthetic appearance is particularly important.
What are the benefits of Icon dental resin infiltration?
Icon offers numerous benefits, including:
- Involves no drilling
- Performed in-office
- Prevents dental cavities at an early stage
- Preserves healthy tooth structure
- Gentle therapy for difficult-to-reach proximal cavities (caries located in between teeth)
- No unnecessary loss of healthy hard tissue or invasive drilling
Dental Resin Infiltration for Dental Cavities and Removal of White Spots on Teeth in Gilbert Arizona.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentist Gilbert.
To learn more about Icon, our dental resin infiltration system, an effective treatment for early caries and removal of white spots on teeth, call our office at (602) 384-2955 or request an appointment at Islands Pediatric Dentistry by filling out the form on this page.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Islands Pediatric Dentistry was established in 2017
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Maricopa County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Gilbert
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
- Dental Checkup
- Resin Infiltration